The InsTech London podcast has now gone past the 100,000 downloads mark and the episodes listed below are the top 50 most popular from the last quarter.
Congratulations to Ed Leon Klinger from Flock for holding on to 1st place in our Summer 2021 leaderboard, closely followed by Charles Taylor InsureTech's Arjun Ramdas and nine new entries.
You can listen to and read the interviews below by clicking on the links.
InsTech London podcast leaderboard - Summer 2021 - top 50
1. Ed Leon Klinger: CEO, Flock: The insurer of the future has arrived (126)
Ed and Matthew discuss Flock's growth, its new connected vehicles division, and embedded insurance solutions.
2. Arjun Ramdas: CEO, Charles Taylor InsureTech: Platforms, data collaboration and market efficiency (125)
Data collaboration between insurers, MGAs and brokers, and how Charles Taylor’s technology is supporting the Lloyd’s market.
3. Charles Blanchet: VP of Solutions, ICEYE: Your satellite will be with you shortly: Rapid flood loss assessment (128)
How ICEYE is using its own microsatellites to provide insurers with high-resolution, building-level flood depths around the world immediately after an event.
4. Mark Patterson, Deloitte & Mark Eastham, Avantia: What 8,000 people want from their insurer (121)
Deloitte's The Future of Home and Motor Insurance survey asked 8,000 customers in 12 countries for their views on insurance. Find out which products they like and what they wanted more of.
5. Hemant Shah: Co-founder & CEO, Archipelago: Moving upstream - digitising and standardising customer data at source (145)
How Archipelago goes directly to original data sources - risk managers and building owners - to improve data sharing in the industry.
6. Jane Toothill & Matt Reid: JBA Risk Management: US flood - lessons learnt from the UK (136)
JBA has developed flood models that cover 99% of the world’s landmass and is now providing new flood hazard maps and real-time modelling for US insurers.
7. Evan Glassman: Co-founder, New Paradigm Underwriters: Parametric insurance - delivering US hurricane & quake cover since 2013 (138)
New Paradigm offers parametric insurance products based on earthquake shake intensity and hurricane wind speed, measured by hurricane-hardened anemometers.
8. Adrien Cohen: Co-founder & President, Tractable: Damage assessment with AI - fast, scalable, global (134)
Tractable’s global growth, the challenges of working with AI, and what the company has planned for property insurance.
9. Henri Winand: Co-founder and CEO, AkinovA: The e-placing platform driving new insurance solutions (139)
Matthew and Henri discuss the importance of pricing platforms and how AkinovA helps in the creation of new insurance products.
10. Elizabeth Marston: Co-founder, Sotera Heritage: Old meets new - using the latest technology to insure antiquities (141)
Sotera Heritage uses AI and machine learning to create irrevocable digital identities for ancient antiquities, helping insurers to accurately verify objects.
11. Pascal Millaire: CEO, CyberCube: Powering profitable cyber insurance growth (120)
Find out how the cyber insurance market has expanded since Pascal's first podcast appearance in 2019, and why the world’s largest insurance institutions are turning to CyberCube to manage their cyber exposures.
12. Dr Anushka Patchava: Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Vitality: Where clinical meets digital - insights from health insurance (137)
What the shift to digital over the past 12 months has meant for life & health insurers, and the challenges of achieving true digital engagement.
13. Marine Utgé-Royo: Chief Strategy Officer, Tesselo: Geospatial intelligence for forestry risk (143)
Matthew finds out how Tesselo’s technology is tracking changes in forests and how it can help with compliance to environmental regulation.
14. Jeroen Morrenhof: CEO & Co-founder, FRISS: Underwriting and claims fraud revealed (105)
Jeroen explains how FRISS is using technology to prevent fraud both at the point of underwriting and from claims, and shares his insights on how to grow a business.
15. Andy Thompson: Co-founder & CEO, Safehub: Sensors and sensitivity - Real time property earthquake risk assessment (133)
Safehub’s sensors monitor a building’s natural frequency to create a profile of potential vulnerabilities and a baseline for assessing structural damage if catastrophe strikes.
16. Cole Winans: Founder & CEO, Flyreel: Know your risk; the self-service property inspection tool helping insurers & their clients (129)
Insurers are using Flyreel’s technology to create a comprehensive baseline record of properties for underwriting, risk management and claims.
17. Ki, the algorithmic underwriter. Mark Allan, CFO & James Birch, Head of Innovation, Brit Insurance (84)
Matthew finds out more about the motivation for launching Ki, the algorithmic syndicate from Brit Insurance, and why Brit chose to partner with Google Cloud and University College London.
18. Thomas Loridan & Nick Hassam: CEO & CCO, reask: Short term climate variability - forecasting with confidence (127)
Advances in technology, research and the use of AI are providing insurers with the evidence they need to confidently change their assessment of potential catastrophe risks over the short-term.
19. Bob Frady & John Siegman: CEO & CCA, HazardHub: The data you need at a price you can afford (135)
HazardHub supplies insurers with data for perils and unique property risk information, including the location of every fire hydrant in the US.
20. Paul Mang: Chief Innovation Officer, Guidewire: Insurance analytics for 21st century risk management (110)
Matthew and Paul explore the latest developments in innovation, modelling and interpreting data to advance the understanding and management of risk.
21. Richard Garry: Chief Commercial Officer, Gamma Location Intelligence: Build vs buy - getting the best location intelligence information (140)
Richard explains how Gamma Location Intelligence helps insurers to understand property-based risks by providing accurate location data to support underwriting decisions.
22. Dr Andrew Smith & Dr Oliver Wing: COO & CRO, Fathom: Understanding flood - from research to risk assessment (130)
How Fathom created its new US flood model, which provides accurate flood modelling hazard data for the entire US, down to a resolution of one metre.
23. Ben Hubbard: CEO & Co-founder, Parsyl: Cold chains, Covid & parametric insurance (123)
How Parsyl is using sensors to keep vaccines safe in transit, combining traditional and parametric insurance, and why companies no longer have to ‘ship and pray’.
24. Parul Kaul-Green: Chief of Staff, AXA XL Asia and Europe: Reconnecting insurance with its purpose (119)
The importance of context in digital transformation, accelerating disruption to meet Covid-19 challenges, and how to tackle the industry’s diversity issues.
25. Neta Rozy: Co-founder and CTO, Parametrix Insurance: Parametric downtime insurance (115)
Parametrix Insurance has grown rapidly since being founded two years ago, with its technology now being used to monitor thousands of digital services worldwide.
26. Barnaby Rugge-Price: CEO, Hyperion X: Broking in the modern world (91)
How Hyperion X, one of the divisions of Hyperion Insurance Group, are expanding their offering to fit the changing needs of the customer.
27. Gianni Biason: Head Property & Specialty Solutions, Swiss Re: Insurance product innovation at scale (109)
Gianni and Matthew discuss the opportunities for growth in insurance, building new technology solutions for clients, and what Swiss Re is looking for from external partners.
28. Rod Fox: CEO, TigerRisk Partners: Capital, culture and challenging the status quo (116)
What does the future of the broker look like and why does Rod feel that right now is the most interesting time for insurance?
29. Gethin Jones, Skyline Partners & Calum Williams, AEGIS London: The parametric platform delivering new insurance solutions (146)
Skyline Partners and AEGIS London have launched a new parametric product to provide US small and medium business owners with cover in the event of a shooting.
30. Mark Cunningham: Co-founder, WhenFresh: The data supermarket and its master chefs (111)
Matthew chats to Mark about what's available in WhenFresh's data supermarket, why insurers should embrace pre-fill, and the hidden costs in property valuations.
31. Kate Stillwell: CEO and Founder, Jumpstart: Earthquake parametric insurance in practice (104)
How Jumpstart's parametric products differ from conventional insurance and why capacity is key for parametric solutions.
32. Marcus East: Technical Director, Office of the CTO at Google: cloud, culture, collaboration and innovation (103)
How Google is driving change in the industry, plus some fascinating insights into Google’s culture of innovation.
33. Andrew Johnston: Global Head of InsurTech, Willis Re: Insurtech innovation insights quarterly (97)
The diversification of insurtech, success factors for start-ups, and the growth of Google and Amazon in insurance.
34. Stephen Brittain: Co-founder, Insurtech Gateway: Secrets of scale - incubation & investment (102)
Get an investor’s view on the market, plus advice on defining a target market, how to scale at speed, and new solutions for “uninsurable” risks.
35. Andre Symes: CGO, Genasys Technologies: Agile products and speed to market (106)
Andre breaks down the approach Genasys takes to innovation, how it is partnering with other companies and what has driven its growth over the past two decades.
36. Paul Prendergast: CEO and Co-founder, Blink Parametric: Parametric, payments & protection (113)
The benefits of parametric solutions, working in the Lloyd's Lab, plus advice on how to grow a successful company.
37. Andres Webersinke: Global Chief Underwriting Officer, Life/Health at Gen Re: Reinventing customer care (108)
Matthew and Andres discuss innovation and Covid-19, building customer loyalty through regular communications, and how insurtechs can work with Gen Re.
38. Mark Varley: Founder and CEO, Addresscloud: Hitting the spot - getting location accuracy right (114)
Addresscloud has processed 32-million addresses since its launch, with the data being used to help insurers quote and bind, fight US wildfires and even for organic vegetable deliveries.
39. Forbes McKenzie: CEO of McKenzie Intelligence Services: Data driven intelligence (99)
How MIS is combining data obtained from technology with that gathered from the essential Human Intelligence.
40. Robin Roberson: Founder of WeGoLook & Managing Director of Claim Central Consolidated: A journey of people, platforms and perseverance (112)
Leveraging technology, switching careers, growing a start-up, and how Claim Central Consolidated are connecting service providers and insurtechs.
41. Clive Rich: Founder & Chairman, LawBite: Legal platforms & partnerships (107)
How LawBite is matching clients to legal services using data science and machine learning, and reaching an SME audience through new technology.
42. Sean Ringsted, Chief Digital Officer, Chubb; Prevent & Predict - IOT Success Stories (83)
Chubb is supporting its clients with IOT solutions that are providing real benefits. Find out more from Sean, plus where he sees even more opportunities for using sensors and IoT.
43. Tony Grosso, Head of Marketing, EIS Group, Coretech - leaving legacy behind (90)
How the EIS Coretech soltution is linking insurtech applications and established technology, plus the essential components required to make an ecosystem work effectively.
44. Nigel Walsh, Partner at Deloitte and insurtech guru (81)
Matthew and Nigel discuss whether insurtech has lived up to its potential, and whether more choice or more simplicity is the future of insurance.
45. Katie Crook-Davies and Rajasree Variyar: The Risky Mix Podcast hosts: Diversity, inclusion and innovation (98)
Katie and Rajasree discuss their experiences of the industry, how to attract young talent, and why diversity is valuable for innovation.
46. Gary Hoberman: CEO & founder of Unqork: Accelerating innovation with no-code (73)
Can no-code solutions help the industry move on from legacy systems? Gary explains how Unqork is working with insurers and how to make an impact with key decision-makers and investors.
47. Adam Richards, COO & Founder and Andy Stevenson, Advisor, Albany Group: Supply chain management & operational resilience
How Albany Group's risk and intelligence software is solving supply chain problems, plus advice on self-funding versus external funding and how to find technology partners.
48. Lianne Trantz: VP Marketing, Novidea: Clarity, confidence and great communication (93)
Best-practice learnings from Adtech and other sectors, B2B insurance marketing techniques that work, and how to convert marketing activity into sales leads.
49. Florian Graillot, C-founder, astorya.vc; What insurers want - an investor's view (87)
Florian and Matthew discuss the key themes that insurers care about and how to efficiently source new investment opportunities.
50. Andrew Yeoman: CEO and Co-founder of Concirrus: A connected future for commercial insurance (71)
Concirrus is one of the most well-known companies in London to have emerged in recent years, providing analytics for commercial underwriting to a growing list of insurers.