The availability of information on commercial property for insurance underwriters has lagged behind what is available for residential properties. Accurate data can help with risk selection, fraud detection and pricing. But data alone is not enough. Information needs to be fully integrated into the underwriting and business workflow, and be credible and validated.
Technology platforms are fast emerging as a way of bringing together the best sources of analytics, from well-recognised partners. These end-to-end solutions free up underwriters’ time and enable them to focus on writing the best business.
Sapiens is already recognised as having one of the leading insurance administration systems. The company is now offering insurers access to an expanded ecosystem, collaborating with some of the best emerging analytical firms. Sapiens’ partners are carefully selected to fit into the specific business goals of insurers looking to upgrade their access to commercial property underwriting data.
Matthew Grant, Partner at InsTech London, hosts this discussion on what Sapiens has learnt about what insurers are looking for, its criteria for selecting partners and how this fits into the business workflow. They are joined by three companies working with Sapiens - Earnix, Cytora and FRISS - two of whom are already InsTech London corporate members.
The speakers include:
- Tim Crossley, Business Development Director, Sapiens
- Christian van Leeuwen, CTO & Co-founder, FRISS
- Peter Reynolds, Head of Insurance, Earnix
- Juan de Castro, Chief Commercial and Operating Officer, Cytora
A written report of the event is now available to download, or you can watch the discussion in full using the video player below.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). You can claim 1 hour towards the CII member CPD scheme by watching an InsTech London Live Chat.
The learning objectives for this Live Chat are:
- Learn about the gap in information available on commercial property and how this adversely impacts underwriter efficiency
- Understand how new technologies can provide solutions to source and integrate information for commercial insurance
- Hear from firms who collaborate to create ecosystems for insurers
To claim 1 CPD hour for watching Building Ecosystems for Commercial Insurance, please email email@example.com.
Watch the Live Chat in full using the video player below.