The longer term impacts of climate change on the frequency and severity of natural disasters such as hurricanes, wildfires and flooding have been considered by insurers for many years. It’s only recently, though, that credible shorter term forecasts and models have become available for pricing and managing insurance exposures.
reask has developed a global approach to assessing climate variability, combining physics, climate data and machine learning to complement the baseline view of risk developed by carriers, and the market as a whole.
Matthew Grant leads a discussion with reask and five industry leaders to explore what is emerging from the latest scientific research, what is available to insurers today, how this is being used by companies and how the regulatory outlook is likely to evolve.
The speaker panel features:
- Nick Hassam, Co-Founder & Chief Commercial Officer, reask
- Marcus Rivaldi, Managing Director, Analytics, Twelve Capital (UK) Ltd.
- Dr. Jessica Turner, Managing Director, Catastrophe Advisory, Guy Carpenter
- Richard Dixon, Head of Catastrophe Research, Inigo Insurance
- Dr. Kirsten Mitchell-Wallace, Head of Portfolio Risk Management, Lloyd's
- Matthew Jones, Head of Catastrophe Risk Products, Nasdaq
This event accompanies InsTech London Podcast 127 which features reask founders Thomas Loridan and Nick Hassam and our Location Intelligence 2021 - the Companies to Watch report, released on 1 April.
Watch the Live Chat in full using the video player below.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). You can claim 1 hour towards the CII member CPD scheme by watching an InsTech London Live Chat.
The Learning Objectives for this event are:
- Learn how newly available climate data and scientific research can be used to better understand and forecast climate variability
- Hear from companies combining science and ML to create new models for assessing risk
- Explore forecasting options available to insurers and how they are being used in the evolving market
To claim 1 CPD hour for watching 'Climate Variability – Understanding Your Changes in Risk for 2021', please email email@example.com.