There is a renewed interest in e-trading platforms for reinsurance and complex risks spawned by a combination of COVID acting as an accelerant, Lloyd’s Blueprint Two, the insurance markets' own dynamics and the needs of increasingly demanding customers.
This Live Chat covers:
- Whether e-trading of complex insurance will catch on this time
- Who is doing what in the platform space and lessons learned so far
- What the attributes of a successful platform are
- The role that both Lloyd’s and the mega brokers will play in determining the outcome
The event followed the publication of our new report, E-Trading Platforms 2021: Challenges, Opportunities and Imperative, which offers a comprehensive view on the the future of e-trading of reinsurance and complex risks.
The speakers include:
- Richard Phipps, Vice President, Property & Specialty Underwriting, Swiss Re
- Sasa Brcerevic, Managing Director, Carrier Solutions Group, Aon
- Ian Meadows, Associate Partner, EY
You can watch the full discussion using the video player below.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). You can claim 1 hour towards the CII member CPD scheme by watching an InsTech London Live Chat.
Claim 1 CPD hour for watching E-Trading and the Future of Complex Insurance: Does London Hold the Key?
The learning objectives for this Live Chat are:
- Learn about the re-emerging trend of e-trading platforms in the complex insurance space
- Understand the barriers to effective adoption of e-trading platforms and how they can be overcome
- Review examples of new e-trading platforms and the attributes enabling their successful adoption