There is an increasing awareness of the potential for parametric solutions to help solve some of the challenges for many areas of the world that remain exposed through lack of insurance and catastrophic disasters, creating an insurance gap of up to 96% in some countries.
Global Parametrics was set up in 2016 with support from the UK and German governments and today is providing the tools, analytics and innovative coverage for disaster financing around the world.
Matthew Grant talk to the Global Parametrics leadership team and their partners about real-life case studies and the analytics, support and indices the company is now making available to organisations looking for innovative ways to structure protection.
- Hector Ibarra, CEO, Global Parametrics
- Akshay Gupta, SVP, Head - Catastrophe Analytics and Engineering, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
- Jerry Skees, Chief Strategy Officer and Director, Global Parametrics
- Alin Radu, Senior Risk Modelling/Structuring Specialist, Global Parametrics
- Leif Heimfarth, Senior Underwriter, Hannover Re
The event is supported by Global Parametrics.
A written report of 'Parametric Solutions: A Global Perspective' is now available to download, or you can watch the event again in full using the video player below.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). You can claim 1 hour towards the CII member CPD scheme by watching an InsTech London Live Chat.
For CPD purposes, the Learning Objectives are:
- Learn about how parametric solutions are being used globally to address the insurance gap around catastrophic events
- Hear examples of best practice for parametrics in disaster finance coverage
- Explore innovative ways to structure protection