By installing low-cost, easy to use sensors, Safehub is creating unique insights on how a building would react in the event of an earthquake.
The technology continuously monitors a building’s natural frequency to create a profile of potential vulnerabilities and a baseline for assessing structural damage if catastrophe strikes.
Co-founder and CEO Andy Thompson joins Matthew to discuss how Safehub is helping to reduce risk and why the wider adoption of affordable sensors benefits both customers and their insurers.
Talking points include:
- Making faster, better decisions through data analysis
- How different earthquakes affect different buildings
- Using technology to spot inaccessible damage
- Understanding vulnerabilities through building frequencies
- Why user experience is crucial for new technology
The RFID Journal article mentioned in the podcast can be found here - https://www.rfidjournal.com/iot-shakes-up-building-intelligence-with-earthquake-sensor-management
Safehub is listed as one of the companies to watch in our new Location Intelligence report, which is free to download until the end of April.
Sign up to the InsTech London newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use, or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to an InsTech London podcast, or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 CPD hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
- Claim 0.5 hours for listening to Episode 133 of the InsTech London Podcast