Episode 63 of the InsTech London podcast features a return from Bernard Goyder, a journalist with Insurance Insider.
Bernard is currently on a posting to New York, having previously been the Insurance Insiders' technology correspondent in London.
We last featured Bernard in June 2019 shortly after he arrived in the US and Matthew caught up with him to see what the world of insurance, technology and insurtech looks like from the US.
The areas we cover include:
- A review of the end of year reinsurance renewals (and what they are)
- What's happening in the casualty market
- Why MGAs and insurance brokers have been such attractive acquisition targets
- Commercial auto in the US and why this is an opportunity for insurtech
- Telematics, modelling wildfire, cyber and property exposure
- Disruption opportunities in the claims market
- Will Lloyd's of London move to profitability this year?
- Scale-up Insurtechs to look out for
InsTech London Podcast Host: Matthew Grant
Produced by Simon Fyles: firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by Peter Roach: visualmonkeys.co.uk